Monday, March 2, 2015

Breezy

Would you just look at how green the grass is right now?  I have been sewing bindings on quilts from the back porch for the last three days.  Just soaking up sun, and birdsong and Springness.   I know that's not a word, but it just feels like Spring right now.  I watched a scrub jay break small twigs off my Red bud tree for his nest, and fly off with them. What's up with that?  He couldn't find any on the ground?  I bet it's the same bird that killed one of my baby chickens. I'm keeping my eye on him.......

Anyway I always find it more interesting to take pictures of quilts when the wind is blowing.  I kept waiting for it to fall off the fence and into the dirt but it held fast.
As I put the last few stitches in, I knew this one was destined to go back to Canada with my Aunt and Uncle.  I'm hoping they have room in their suitcase.  We really had a good visit, and I'm not sure when or if we can all be together again.  Giving them this quilt feels like I can send a part of me home with them.
Hope you get some sunshine this week!

Quilt info:
9" finished goose tracks blocks set on point
3"wide scrappy border (squares of various lengths)
Background is Kona Snow
60x60 inches big
All fabrics from the old stasheroo

6 comments:

  1. Another beauty! I love it hanging on the fence. Makes a great picture.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a nice quilt you made. I like the photo shoot, the wind let you take beautiful pictures of the quilt. And even if you gave it away, you still have it with you, because you can keep these beautiful pictures.
    KATRIN W.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats on making/completing another beautiful quilt! Your pictures of the wind blowing your quilt against the fence are just wonderful--love seeing quilts in an outdoor setting.:) That's really sweet to gift your aunt and uncle with the quilt, especially after they no doubt saw you working on finishing it up!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think Springness should be a word if it isn't one already. Love the quilt. Enjoy your beautiful weather.
    Meredith

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful sunny, windy photos. Your quilt is just lovely--if it didn't fit in my suitcase, I'd carry it on my lap! They'll love it. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very Very pretty! I'm sure your uncle and aunt love it.

    ReplyDelete

You guys are awesome! Thank you for the comments!