Wednesday, April 2, 2014

Economy Quilt

We have just been getting soaked the last few days, so when the rain finally cleared off and the sun came out, I grabbed the camera and my economy block quilt.



I used a fat quarter bundle of Mad Mend fabric and the 12" economy block instructions from Ginger Monkey.  The binding was hand sewn while watching the first season of Game of Thrones on DVD,
(I could not get through those books) and eating this chocolate sheet cake from Pioneer Woman. 
You'd better have lots of butter on hand for this one.  The best part, besides eating it, was pouring the warmed icing over the cake, sooo goood!)

 I bought a new pan, enamel with a blue edging, from Crow Canyon Home, which I purchased at Amazon.  This pan has already roasted a chicken, baked a cake, roasted veggies, and baked some biscuits.  You can throw just about anything in it, and it cleans up easily.  I've heard you can even bake pies in them. Now I want a smaller one.
I started some Spring cleaning this week.  One room at a time.  I'm cleaning from baseboards to ceiling, moving furniture, washing windows and cleaning out closets.  I even bought two gallons of paint because all the doors and woodwork need to be touched up. It's going to take a few weeks to get through the whole house, but it will be clean and organized before summer and I can spend more time outside.




6 comments:

  1. Lovely quilt and that cake! yummmm. PW has the best recipes!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely quilt. Dare I ask if there is any cake left? Philippa xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous quilt, I really like your fabric choice. xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous Quilt Lynne, the pattern & fabrics are really striking.
    That cake looks way delicious, have to check out the recipe & give it a go
    I'm such a chocoholic....serious fan of anything chocolate :)
    Enjoy your painting, im doing exactly the same, major paint job needed
    on all my woodwork.
    Have a lovely week Karen xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow I'm impressed with all your busyness! Spring cleaning and painting, baking and sewing......I must do some spring cleaning and painting too methinks!
    Good for you just getting on with it.
    Beautiful quilt Lynne!
    Gill xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. The quilt looks fab, well done. I have a few of the enamel dishes, I love them, if you are still nesting you are welcome to come and spring clean mine too!!!!

    ReplyDelete

You guys are awesome! Thank you for the comments!