Friday, January 10, 2014

Projects for the New Year

All of a sudden I have a lot of projects started.  Most of them are of the quilty variety because I jammed my thumb when I was walking the dog ( she yanked and tangled the leash and somehow my thumb got caught up in the action, and now I haven't been able to crochet for about 2 weeks.  She is quickly earning the nickname Luna-tic.)  Anyway here is what I have going on at the moment....

The Liberty patchwork quilt is all cut and laid out, ready to sew together.

I found some orphan blocks while going through my stash, and made a few more.

 Almost done sewing the binding on a Pixelated heart quilt.  I may just have this done by Valentines Day!



 I have jumped into the Economy block-along madness, using fat quarters of Mad Mend by Cloud 9. The measurements for my blocks are based on these (thank you ginger monkey), but you can make them any size you want.  This is turning out to be just as addictive as the scrappy trip-along and the low volume quilts.
All this crazy sewing requires extra snacking sustenance, so yesterday I made some currant scones, using a combination of spelt flour and white flour, and changed out the white sugar for coconut sugar.  The recipe is from this book.....


So this is the start of 2014 for me.  I think I like it!
 



9 comments:

  1. Ouch!! Luna-tic...I love it! Pretty fabrics in the quilts!! And the scones looked good too!
    xo Kris

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think your 2014 is starting out very colorfully. Poor Luna-tic, so misunderstood.
    Hugs,
    Meredith

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful projects, I am always amazed to see what all can be created with simple squares and triangles.
    KATRIN W,.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like it, too. As always, your quilts inspire me to pieces. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love all that Libertys fabric and can't wait to see the finished quilts. Try not to be too hard on Luna-tic as something good always comes out of something bad. Philippa xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lucky you to have a back-up craft when the lunatic jams your thumb. Sorry to hear that Lynne. Your projects are so pretty and well done. You talented lady you!

    Happy 2014 Lynne, it looks like it is off to a good start!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lots of catching up to do on your blog Lynne, so many lovely things going on since I last visited!
    Love the liberty quilt, its going to be a real beauty!
    Gill xx

    ReplyDelete

You guys are awesome! Thank you for the comments!